Re: [srfi-11] LET-VALUES wrapup (was: Re: Another vote for more parens)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 11 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 11 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Lars> So, proposal:  I change the spec for LET-VALUES to require the extra
Lars> level of nesting, thus facilitating

Lars> 	(let-values (((a b) e1)
Lars> 		     ((c d) e1))
Lars>           ...)

Lars> but also allowing syntax of the form

Lars> 	(let-values ((l e1)           ; grab all results into l
Lars> 		     ((a b . l) e2))  ; grab two results and rest into l
Lars> 	  ...)

Lars> and introducing a compatible LET*-VALUES form (MzScheme's name for it).

Lars> Debate?

Well, I still think LET-VALUES should reflect the (VALUES x) = x
duality, but I think the change you suggest is better than no change
at all.

Lars> [ Mike, please hold off on finalization until the dust has settled. ]

Done :-)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike