Re: updated SRFI-108

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 108 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 108 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner scripsit:

> I've settled on the &name[initial-exp]{text} syntax, which
> is a hybrid of the XML syntax (in using & rather than @)
> and the Scribble syntax (in using a single prefix character
> rather than #&, and in the use of brackets/braces).

It continues to disturb me that "&name[initial-exp]" already has a meaning
in R6RS, such that this is not an upward compatible extension.  I still
strongly prefer #& to plain &, especially as identifiers beginning with &
are actually in use in R6RS.

In my test suite, Racket, SISC, and STklos use #& as a literal syntax
for a box containing the following S-expression, and a few Schemes treat
it as identifier syntax, but most raise a syntax error, which makes it
a reasonable extension point.

--
Newbies always ask:                             John Cowan
  "Elements or attributes?                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan