Re: Monkey-patching $quasi-value$

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 108 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 108 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner scripsit:

> I think it may make sense to define one or more library functions to
> massage the arguments - for example concatenating the components of the
> literal part.  These would be to make it combine the argument list - or
> example combining the literal part to a single string-valued expression.

Such an API would be an excellent addition to this SRFI, though not
strictly necessary.

> What do you think of ($construct$:foo ..) instead of the rather ungainly
> ($quasi-value-transformer$:foo ...)?

I like it much better.

> Kawa has a few of these. For example CLASSNAME? becomes an instance test,
> and NNNUNIT (e.g. 2.5cm) becomes a "quantity" (number-with-unit).

I like those a lot.

--
John Cowan  cowan@xxxxxxxx  http://ccil.org/~cowan
The penguin geeks is happy / As under the waves they lark