Re: Please update SRFI-106

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 106 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 106 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Takashi Kato scripsit:

> If nothing will be raised for a week, I will request SRFI editors to
> make this SRFI final.

I finally got around to reading the spec closely; my apologies if these
questions have been asked and answered.

1) Why are there both flag-creating macros and constant variables with
flag values?  It would seem to be enough to just have one.  Personally I
favor having the macros, though I can see arguments both ways.

2) There is no meaningful support for UDP.  I think a socket API
shouldn't ignore UDP.

--
On the Semantic Web, it's too hard to prove     John Cowan    cowan@xxxxxxxx
you're not a dog.  --Bill de hOra               http://www.ccil.org/~cowan