Re: socket-port

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 106 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 106 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shiro Kawai scripsit:

> Your logic is correct, so, in Gauche, closing one of the socket ports
> does not close the socket descriptor (it does mark the Scheme-level
> port structure as 'closed', and it does flush the output port).

It should also do a shutdown(fd, SHUT_RD) or shutdown(fd, SHUT_WR), which
is what I was trying to say before.  The latter, for example, signals
to the peer that no more data will be arriving.

> I think returning a bidirectional port make things simpler.  Trade-off
> is adoption of this srfi by implementations that doesn't have
> bidirectional ports.  I'm ambivalent now; it's not hard to add
> bidirectional ports to Gauche (and if R7RS-large defines it, I sure will.)

+1

--
I now introduce Professor Smullyan,             John Cowan
who will prove to you that either               cowan@xxxxxxxx