Re: Do we NEED a marker at all?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 105 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 105 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

David A. Wheeler scripsit:

> I think we should make an even weaker statement:
> "Applications may include this marker before using any curly-infix
> expressions, typically near the top of a file."
>
> If, as we hope, everyone implements it anyway, then applications won't
> need the marker for portability... so let's not hamstring them with
> the requirement that they MUST do it.

I think this should be SHOULD.  RFC 2119 says:

3. SHOULD   This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
   carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

--
John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Sir, I quite agree with you, but what are we two against so many?