Re: miscellaneous

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 101 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 101 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Taylor R Campbell wrote:
   Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:51:57 -0400
   From: David Van Horn <dvanhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In a system that uses random-access lists everywhere, you would not need conversions. In a system that doesn't, these are easy to portably define. So now I'm not sure what your concern is.

I want to be able to write portable programs that can take advantage
of systems with only random-access lists, but that can run on other
systems as well by converting between sequential lists and random-
access lists.  `Take advantage' here means using identity conversions.
Of course I can define copying conversions portably and use those, but
that wouldn't take advantage of systems whose lists are all
random-access.

I see;  I will add these operations in the next iteration.  Thanks.

David