Re: More on SRFI-1/SRFI-13 inconsistency in tabulate procedure

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 1 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 1 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

(I've removed srfi-13 from the followup list; I don't see any reason
to continue to send there.)

> We can't change SRFI's 1 or 13 in the fashion I proposed in the last
> msg, as they are both final. So let me restate the problem.

> A. Do nothing. Live with the inconsistency for now.

> B. Change LIST-TABULATE to be (LIST-TABULATE proc len) -> list This
>[...]
>    This would require issuing a *new SRFI*, e.g. SRFI-24, which
> would be identical to SRFI-1 except for the parameter order in
> LIST-TABULATE.

This would be perfectly reasonable.

As one of the srfi-editors, let me point out that there is a policy
already in place for making SRFIs deprecated.  SRFI-24 (or whatever)
would be marked as superceding SRFI-1 during the discussion period,
and as soon as SRFI-24 was marked final, SRFI-1 would be marked
deprecated.

../Dave