Semantics of IMPORT-IMPLEMENTATION

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 0 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 0 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

The specification part of the suggested revision to SRFI-0 does not
seem to indicate the meaning of the multiple feature identifiers which may
be present in IMPORT-IMPLEMENTATION.

I assume that the bindings associated with all the named features are to
be imported...?

Also, I can't tell if it satisfies the specification for a system to do
the work IMPORT-READER-SYNTAX via IMPORT-IMPLEMENTATION.  That is, could a
SRFI-0 (revised) conforming implementation have IMPORT-READER-SYNTAX be an
alias for IMPORT-IMPLEMENTATION?

(I am assuming the general rule that, unless otherwise specified, a system
can accept erroneous input.  That is, it may be an error to put
IMPORT-READER-SYNTAX elsewhere in the file, but I'm not obliged to detect
it if it happens.)

-- Donovan Kolbly                    (  RScheme Development Group
                                     (  d.kolbly@xxxxxxxxxxx
				     (  http://www.rscheme.org/~donovan/