SRFI 33 and SRFI dependence

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI discuss from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI discuss contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Hi all,

I'd like to know why SRFI 33 was withdrawn. The problem is that I'd like
to propose a SRFI that depends on SRFI33 or similar. Should I propose
first a similar SRFI 33? What should I do?
I need to deal with bits and most Scheme implementation give me what I
need but then if I base myself on a given implementation to propose a
SRFI I'll then have a lot of problems. I'd need a SRFI to deal with
bits. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Paulo J. Matos