Re: SRFI naming

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI discuss from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI discuss contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

al> As Alex Shinn pointed out, the perl community has had success without
al> the subnumbers by simply giving out names on a first-come-first-serve
al> basis, with the editors occasionally rejecting requests for
al> overly-generic names.  That sounds workable to me, but my proposal is
al> a little easier for the editors.  Presumably, most SRFI authors will
al> choose a unique name on their own, but if two of them really want just
al> plain "foo", then they can both have it.

This effectively amounts to assigning a keyword to a SRFI document,
right?  That sounds pretty reasonable to me.  This might be made more
workable by assigning sets of keywords to a document that, in their
entirety, again uniquely identify a single SRFI.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike