Re: srfi names

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI discuss from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI discuss contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn <foof@synthcode.com> writes:
>     MJ> How are you defining success?  To me, CPAN tends to look rather
>     MJ> like the librarians were asleep while stock intake occurred.  If
>     MJ> we can avoid that problem, we will have done well.
>
> Success in managing 3584 module names, and having those names mostly
> make sense and be easy to use.

Err... sensibility of the names and usability of the code are
orthogonal issues, aren't they?

> Success in a very convenient online search mechanism

This is addressable within the SRFI infrastructure

> and automated installation using those names.

This is *not*. Some SRFIs require changes to implementation run-times.

david rush
--
Communism is inequality, but not as property is. Property is
exploitation of the weak by the strong. Communism is exploitation of