Procedural vs. inspection, lists vs. vectors (2 of 3)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 99 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 99 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Given that an implementation of SRFI-99 can't really change its
implementation in any interesting way if one uses only the procedureal
and/or syntactic libraries but not the inspection one, I propose folding
the inspection library into the procedural one.  In order to support
rtd-{accessor,mutator} with non-constant arguments, one must have access
to the rtd object at runtime anyway, including its field list.  I think
the separation is an unnecessary carry-over from R6RS.

I add my voice to the call for using lists rather than vectors in the API
for make-rtd, rtd-constructor, rtd-field-names, and rtd-all-field-names,
of course without prejudice to the use of vectors or vector-like objects
internally.

--
Mos Eisley spaceport.  You will never           John Cowan
see a more wretched hive of scum and            cowan@xxxxxxxx