Re: Why vectors?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Derick Eddington wrote:

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 15:26 -0700, Elf wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Derick Eddington wrote:

<lotsa snip>
<lotsalotsasnip>

But isn't one of the main themes of this SRFI that the R6RS's
record-type-descriptor and parent-rtd are lame because sophisticated
optimizing compilers don't need them because they can do compile-time
flow analysis on the run-time variables to figure out optimizations
(such as what Will has described elsewhere in his criticisms of the R6RS
records)?  With a system that does not do such flow analysis
optimization, isn't there a performance concern over record
constructors, accessors, and mutators?  It's been my impression that
this SRFI is aimed at state-of-the-art compilers, which I like, because
I want technological advancement.

This is aimed at ERR5RS, not R6.

-elf