Re: Clarify mutability of all define-record-type <field spec>

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 99 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 99 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

These comments are timely, as I have been preparing
a new draft of SRFI 99.

Derick Eddington wrote:
> The description of define-record-type does not explicitly make clear the
> mutability of the last two <field spec>
>
>               -> (<field name> <accessor name>)
>
> The description defers to SRFI-9 for these but SRFI-9 does not mention
> their mutability.  Like the first two <field spec> introduced by this
> SRFI, the mutability should be clearly stated, to make clear that
> mutator procedures cannot manually (via rtd-mutator) be got for
> immutable fields.

Okay, will do.

Will