Re: getenv vs. locale

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 98 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 98 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Hi,
Thank you for your active discussion.

Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:

>One other inconvenience is that you have to wrap every call to
>get-environment-variable with some sort of a guard.

I see.

shiro wrote:
> Ultimately, the choice depends on the purpose of this srfi.
> If this one just wants to summarize "current practices", leave
> the behavior undefined and cross your fingers that it works
> "most of the time".  If this one wants to provide a portable
> and robust basis, specify the behavior and encourage existing
> implementations to follow.  I tend to vote the latter.

Thank you for your kind explanation.
It was clear enough for me to understand what you meant.

I want to summarize "current practices".
So I suggest for keeping it simple we summarize "current practices" in
this srfi.

Fortunately, your suggestion (c) is not inconsistent with simple one,
we can leave some rare cases to another srfi.

---
Taro Minowa(Higepon)

http://www.monaos.org/
http://code.google.com/p/mosh-scheme/