Re: setenv?

On Jul 5, 2008, at 5:55 PM, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:

(getenv) returns what is essentially environ.

As others have already suggested, it's better to have a separate
procedure for this.

As for setenv, what would be the scope of the environment variables it
changes?  Would it be processes spawned the Scheme process calling
setenv?

That and subsequent calls to getenv. Basically, it would do what the libc
setenv does.

What standing do child processes have in R6RS?

I don't understand your question.  Most Scheme systems provide some sort
of fork/exec/process functionality and many (I presume) already have a
setenv so it would make sense to put it under this srfi instead of having
a srfi that provides a single procedure.