Re: unbroken naming conventions

Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:
On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:17 AM, William D Clinger wrote:

Mappings from
library names to file names are completely
implementation-dependent.  This creates a problem for
public repositories of SRFI reference implementations:
What naming convention should they use?

We can write a SRFI for this, right?

Yes, of course, and I think it is a good SRFI candidate. It seems at least in the case of PLT and Ikarus there is already some overlap.

But for the purposes of this SRFI, the issue of library to file name mappings is not relevant and I'll assume special characters such as ":" can be used without worry in library names.

David