Re: Various comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 93 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 93 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Robby Findler scripsit:

> > This makes programs much more difficult to understand, and this
> > for the sole reason of saving one to write two parens. I don't
> > think this is worth it.
>
> Seems like a pretty abstract argument, esp. when this seems to be
> common practice and without it, one cannot implement classes or units
> as macros.

Of course you can.  You just can't pretend that something is a Scheme-level
variable when in fact it's a member of a class.

--
John Cowan   cowan@xxxxxxxx  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Most languages are dramatically underdescribed, and at least one is