Re: Why are byte ports "ports" as such?

On 14-Apr-06, at 9:37 AM, Marc Feeley wrote:

Finally, this SRFI makes only trivial use of keyword objects, and IMHO
should be respecified to use symbols to reduce its dependencies.

I'll add something in the preamble saying:

The tokens of the form ``foo:'' used in this document will be called ``keywords''. On Scheme implementations supporting SRFI 88, these keywords correspond to the keyword objects specified in that SRFI. On Scheme implementations which do not
   support SRFI 88, these keywords are symbols.

Sorry, I take that back, because in general it would require the keywords to be quoted, i.e.

  (open-input-file (list 'path: "foo"
                         'char-encoding: 'cr-lf))

Marc