Re: Property Lists

>At Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:47:35 -0800 (PST), bear wrote:

>> What relationships would the equations you wish to see express?
>> Are there similar equations which express similar ideas for named
>> fields in records?  And if so, can I look at them to see if they
>> are adaptable to the hash table implementation of property lists?

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Matthias Felleisen Top-posted in response:

> Yes, the constructors, selectors, and setters of named records, as
> opposed to some S-expression implementation schema can be described
> via flow equations. So can hashtables, but not as nicely. Everything
> that goes into a hashtable is a symbol. Everything that comes back
> is everything that went in. So, how are you going to keep track of
> separate kinds of values?

My question about what specific relationships the equations you are
interested in express, and my request for examples of such equations
relating to record types (so I can get some idea of what you are after
here) are not addressed by your response.  In the absence of such
information, my ability to respond helpfully is very limited.