Re: Prefix, not postfix

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 88 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 88 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Marc Feeley scripsit:

> I'm not sure I understand your point.  I'm advocating for a colon
> suffix.  SRFI 42 uses a colon prefix on identifiers (which by the way
> is illegal in R5RS except for a lone colon).  So keyword objects
> using a colon suffix syntax do not hinder in any way SRFI 42 or any
> R5RS compliant code, but a colon prefix syntax does.

Why do you say that?  The : character is permitted at both the beginning
and the end of R5RS identifiers.  See the productions in 7.1.1,
which say that ":" is a <special initial>, which is one kind of
<initial>, which is one kind of <subsequent>.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are