Re: Prefix, not postfix

On 11-Apr-06, at 5:54 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

At Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:51:06 +0000, "Taylor R. Campbell" wrote:
I'm posting this merely for the sake of offering another opinion on
legibility; I don't think that any syntax changes in this area are
good, because they can break existing and compliant R5RS code.

Was

  #:keyword

considered as a possibility?

Robby

In Gambit (and I seem to recall in a few other Schemes) the #:foo syntax is for uninterned symbols. Moreover the foo: and :foo syntaxes are currently much more widespread in Scheme implementations so I don't think it is wise to look for even more alternative syntaxes.

Marc