[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Prefix, not postfix
On 11-Apr-06, at 5:43 PM, Jorgen Schaefer wrote:
Many people find infix math operators more "natural". Scheme still
does not do infix math operators for consistency reasons. I don't
think the question of what is "natural" is more applicable here
than it is there.
That is not entirely true. Here are some of Scheme's infix operators:
- the => marker for cond clauses
- the dot in the dotted pair syntax
- the exponent marker in 1e2
- the rational number syntax 1/2
- the complex number syntax 1+2i and 1@2
A prefix syntax could have been chosen for these things but wasn't.
I don't view this as a great inconsistency in Scheme.