Re: Prefix, not postfix

On 11-Apr-06, at 5:43 PM, Jorgen Schaefer wrote:

Many people find infix math operators more "natural". Scheme still
does not do infix math operators for consistency reasons. I don't
think the question of what is "natural" is more applicable here
than it is there.

That is not entirely true.  Here are some of Scheme's infix operators:

  - the => marker for cond clauses
  - the dot in the dotted pair syntax
  - the exponent marker in 1e2
  - the rational number syntax 1/2
  - the complex number syntax 1+2i and 1@2

A prefix syntax could have been chosen for these things but wasn't. I don't view this as a great inconsistency in Scheme.

Marc