I see little need

> (case (get-symbol)
>  ((true) #t)
>  ((false) #f)
>  (else => (lambda (x) x)))
>
>Without the => clause in case, we have to write:
>
>(let ((key (get-symbol)))
>  (cond ((eq? key 'true) #t)
>        ((eq? key 'false) #f)
>        (else key)))

Am I missing something subtle?  Per this example, we only have to write

(let ((x (get-symbol)))
(case x
 ((true) #t)
 ((false) #f)
 (else x)))

The only difference between this and its => equivalent is the scope of 'x'.

In cond, the => helps capture a useful value on the left-hand side of a cond clause that is otherwise not easily captured. It seems much less useful in a case, since the left-hand side of a case clause always consists of literal eqv-testable constants, and the capture trivial.

The main argument for this would seem to me to be symmetry with cond.