Re: languages

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

bear wrote:

> So to me a scheme URI would be something like
>
> "scheme://R5RS/TinyCLOS/rationals/foo.scm"
>
> and this woud be a key into a small database that mapped
> it to a URL giving a web address where it could be downloaded.

But why not just use an http: URI to do that?  You don't need the small
database at all.  Something like

	http://schemers.org/R5RS/TinyCLOS/rationals/foo.scm

The database could be stored on the server instead of having a local
copy everywhere.

Even with the http: URI you could still use a local database.