Re: Overuse of strings

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 1/26/06, Neil Van Dyke <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...] I imagine that W3C- and IETF-types would have
> comments wrt the authority component of the URI if the "scheme"
> URI-scheme were proposed.  I suspect some would question whether or not
> a new URI-scheme is needed, which might beg other questions.

The recommended approach would probably be to use a URN (rfc2141):

  urn:scheme://r6rs

Of course, you'd then need to register the "scheme" namespace identifier,
but this is less obtrusive than a "scheme" URI-scheme, and after all we're
talking about names, not locations.

--
Alex