Re: Independent optimizing compilation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

bear <bear@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Actually, it lays out a *TINY* tiny fraction of the issues nicely.
> I've been wrestling with modularity myself, and I can say that
> namespace control is only a tiny fraction.

Yes; the thing is that namespace control was the most immediate thing
I thought I could write up in a reasonable amount of time.

As to modularity, the whole "linking" issue is certainly very
important, and the one that's currently receiving (I think) the most
attention research-wise.  But that one's even harder, and it *also*
has interconnections with the issues surrounding namespace management.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike