Re: Independent optimizing compilation

bear <bear@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Actually, it lays out a *TINY* tiny fraction of the issues nicely.
> I've been wrestling with modularity myself, and I can say that
> namespace control is only a tiny fraction.

Yes; the thing is that namespace control was the most immediate thing
I thought I could write up in a reasonable amount of time.

As to modularity, the whole "linking" issue is certainly very
important, and the one that's currently receiving (I think) the most
attention research-wise.  But that one's even harder, and it *also*
has interconnections with the issues surrounding namespace management.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike