Re: Independent optimizing compilation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Ray Blaak <blaak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The only thing is, how many years do we need? Haven't the problems and
> tradeoffs been clear for a while now?

I don't think so---these things became clear to me only through the
discussion we had among the R6RS editors.  If you look at past
"survey" articles about module systems in Scheme, you'll see few of
the problems and tradeoffs we've been dealing with explained.

> Will a few more years really change anything?

Given the nature of the currently ongoing research I'm aware of, I'm
personally confident they will.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike