Re: Independent optimizing compilation

Maybe, in a few years, we'll have a better answer for
the "module-system question" where it'll be easier to agree.  Right
now, the issues are genuinely too hard.

Hope this helps clear things up a little bit.
Excellent post; it lays out the issues nicely.

The only thing is, how many years do we need? Haven't the problems and tradeoffs been clear for a while now? Will a few more years really change anything?

If modules are to be standard in scheme, a decision simply has to be made. Some sort of community vote on the approach?

--
Cheers,
Ray Blaak