Re: Independent optimizing compilation

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Michael Sperber wrote:

I am quite sure that we currently cannot.  The philosophical
differences between the various approaches are far too great.  Believe
me---we've tried very hard to bridge them, but without success so far.
One of the problems is that there's no agreement on what problems a
module system should really solve.

Since modules were supposed to be one of the two major language issues for R6RS, does this perhaps suggest that it is too soon for R6RS, that the mandate
has changed, or that it was never clear to begin with? ;-)

Anyway, it seems that R6RS libraries solve the same problems as the PLT module system (which is fine). Would that be a accurate statement?

Regards
Andre