Re: Questions, loose ends, misprints, etc.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> Andre wrote:
>
>> - Can I export an unbound identifier?  For example, can I export
>>   literals (such as ELSE, UNQUOTE, etc.), or does this not even make
>>   sense.
>
> This doesn't make sense to me, at least. What would it mean?

Another example would be SRFI-76 R6RS records, where the <record name> might not
necessarily be bound to anything but should be exportable so clients can write:

(type-descriptor <record name>) (syntax)

Regards
Andre