Re: Questions, loose ends, misprints, etc.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

 Thank you for the detailed reply.

 > At Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:00:30 -0500 (EST), Andre van Tonder wrote:

 > > - Can I export an unbound identifier?  For example, can I export
 > >   literals (such as ELSE, UNQUOTE, etc.), or does this not even make
 > >   sense.
 >
 > This doesn't make sense to me, at least. What would it mean?

 I guess what I had in mind was defining COND in one library and
 using it in another.  If you used something like free-identifier=?
 to test for ELSE in the defining library, this might not work unless
 you also exported ELSE to the client library.

 But maybe you have a different predicate in mind to test for
 literals.

 Regards
 Andre