Re: put library <body> at top-level

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 83 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 83 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner wrote:
Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:

- sometimes many small libraries are best expressed in a single file,

I think this is fairly rare, and not a very important use case.
If they're small, why should they be separate libraries?

It is fairly common during development of a library to have small
components separated in individual libraries.

Per Bothner wrote:
> Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:

>> - sometimes many
>> small libraries are best expressed in a single file,
>
> I think this is fairly rare, and not a very important use case.
> If they're small, why should they be separate libraries?

Since libraries in the context of this srfi is new "languages",
a small library is needed to specify a language that differ
only slightly from an existing language.