Re: Some comments relating to ICFP contest

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.

Andre van Tonder <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Conceded.  But the context of my comment was efficiency.  How likely
> is it that implementations will compile the expression (exact-and (* x
> y) #xFFFFFFFF) to the single machine instruction available on many
> architectures?

I would think it's about as likely as a "32-bit type" doing the same
thing.  On a 32-bit architecture, if your values are tagged, ...

--
Cheers =8-} Mike