Re: Integer residue-classes

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Michael Sperber scripsit:

> So I can't fault your argument, but I really am not sure which version
> (DIV+MOD which switches behavior depending on the second argument, or
> separate DIV+MOD and QUO+REM) would be easier to remember or less
> confusing.  It would help, if more people on this list could chime in.

Now that the question is verbal rather than mathematical, I feel
competent to comment: I prefer the separate functions and the names
DIV+, MOD+, DIV-, and MOD-.

--
We pledge allegiance to the penguin             John Cowan
and to the intellectual property regime         cowan@xxxxxxxx