Re: safe/unsafe mode

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Michael Sperber wrote:

>I may be misunderstanding you, or you might hold your position in
>light of this interpretation.  (The same holds for everyone else on
>the list.)  It'd be useful to know, so I encourage people to post.

The appropriate use I can think of for safe and unsafe modes would be
debugging programs.  And that is done on the basis of individual files
and modules.

I don't disagree with your semantics for safe and unsafe mode - basically
it's just a switch and when it's on most errors are required to be checked
for and signalled - but I do think that if it's defined globally now,
it will have to be redefined on the basis of files and modules later.

It's not a bad idea; I just want to see R6RS and a functioning module
system to integrate it with before pushing forward.

				Bear