Re: Common Lisp solved this problem 20 years ago

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.

 | Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:22:56 -0500
 | From: Alan Watson <a.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 |
 | Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
 | > Common Lisp HyperSpec (TM)
 | > http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/hyperspec/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/index.html
 | > does not index any with-<type> symbols.  How is this attributable to
 | > CommonLisp?
 |
 | with-<type> were a toy examples. Sorry for the confusion. If I
 | remember, correctly, real Common Lisp would look like:
 |
 |    (lambda (x y)
 |      (declare (type double-float x y))
 |      (/ x y)))
 |
 | I'm not wedded to any particular syntax, though.

Are you suggesting that we have syntax specific to the SRFI-77
categories; or a general type declaration system?

Specific sounds good to me.  Can you propose a specific set of
syntaxes?