Re: arithmetic issues

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
Where is the Scheme function which modifies closures?

set!

as in:

(let ((i 0))
  (lambda ()
    (set! i (+ i 1))
    i))

I was always taught that an atom is anything which is not a cons.  :)
At least, the Little Lisper says so.

You may need to update your reading list ...

But that aside, NaNs could also have structure, as has been pointed
out;

Not if we're talking abou NaNs in the IEEE sense.

> it could be useful for them to come with a tag identifying their
> origin.

Perhaps, but let's concentrate on getting IEEE numerics right, and not
invent new ways of doing numerics.  At least not for R6RS.
--
	--Per Bothner