Re: My comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Yep, that's a better example indeed. ;) I don't disagree at all with
> the *real* point that inexact integers have useful applications; I
> agree that they do.

Yeah, on second thought, it's arguable whether Avogadro's number is an
inexact integer or a non-integral approximation. The population of the
Earth is a better example. Likewise for the number of atoms in the
canonical kilogram or the number of electrons in a cubic centimeter
(which is virtually impossible to count, because of the Heisenberg's
position-velocity uncertainty relationship).
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd