Re: Arithmetic issues

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:

| From: Andre van Tonder <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|
| I share the discomfort with the bitwise operations.  As far as I
| can tell, the SRFI does not portably specify the value of
| (BITWISE-NOT 42).

SRFI-60 "Integers as Bits" defines the bitwise operations for all
integers.  And the reference implementation is written portably in
R5RS Scheme.

(BITWISE-NOT 42)  ==>  -43

Oops, sorry.  My mistake...

Andre