Re: Arithmetic issues - feedback

 Mike Sperber wrote:

 > Now, the Issues section in the SRFI is pretty long.  We were hoping to
 > get some feedback on where people stand on these issues...

 - Should a minimum precision be required for fixnums or flonums?

   I would prefer not (principle of sufficient reason - von Leibniz ;-)

 - Generic arithmetic: I prefer possibility 4 (R5RS-style Generic Arithmetic).

 - The x|53 mantissa default seems arbitrary and I'd rather see it
   unspecified (principle of sufficient reason).

 - Should R6RS allow other inexact reals beside the flonums?

   I don't know, but a related question:  Does the spec in principle
   disallow extensions for exact reals that are not exact rationals,
   in the sense of Edalat, Potts, etc.?
   (See e.g. http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ae/exact-computation/ ).

 Cheers
 Andre