Re: Withdrawal near

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Sebastian Egner <sebastian.egner@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Just a wish...
>> The naming-explicit syntactic layer cannot be implemented using
> syntax-rules alone.

Ooops: That is a typo in the SRFI document.  It should say
"implicit-naming syntactic layer."  Sorry about that.

The reference implementation of the explicit-naming layer is, of
course, written using syntax-rules alone.  The implicit-naming layer
is just a layer on top of that that handles only the name generation.
(This bit could be cleaned up significantly---I haven't had the time
to do this properly.)

The argument about the implicit-naming layer is well taken---I'm not a
fan of it myself.  What's there is a compromise of sorts: At least, it
is well-separated from the rest.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike