Re: Opacity considered harmful

Taylor Campbell <campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Although I do think that there can be good reasons for needing
> security, the oversimplified opacity flag is no actual provision for
> security.

There are many issues here, but I will say this for now: the opacity
model in the SRFI is not intended to provide any kind of security
feature.  The Rationale section states this quite clearly.

[Off-topic: If you look at the reference implementation, you'll see
that the mechanism for providing opacity---"opaque cells"---is more
general than the opacity in records, and is powerful enough to
implement a security policy.]

--
Cheers =8-} Mike