record-mutator vs record-modifier

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Many of the names of the procedural layer match those of
the "record" feature in SLIB, which I believe is based on
Pavel Curtis  1989 proposal.

(Some of these functions are different, but I believe an
implementation could overload both the old and the new specifications.)

However, SRFI-76 uses record-mutator where SLIB uses record-modifier.
Is there any reason for the for this difference?  I think that the
old name is better than the new name, so why change it?  I gues the
word "modifier" is somewhat overloaded (it could also be something
like an adjective or adverb that modifies some other action), but
at least it's a "real word", unlike "mutator".  The arguments either
way don't seem strong either way, which argues for using the old name,
especially given that other record-XXX functions keep the old names.
--
	--Per Bothner