Re: Accessor visibility

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Michael Sperber wrote:

Andre van Tonder <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Just a small question:  Are the accessors visible in the protocol <exp>?

Yes.  This is implied by the fact that the accessors are defined in
the environment of the DEFINE-RECORD-TYPE form.

We actually spent a fair amount of time on the wording spelling out
how the names are bound---i.e. that DEFINE-RECORD-TYPE expands into a
bunch of DEFINEs without saying that it expands into a bunch of
DEFINEs.  If you could suggest on how to improve the spec, that would
be a great help.

Ah, sorry. On second reading, I realized that this is indeed specified very clearly.

Regards
Andre