Re: Revised SRFI-76 (R6RS Records) draft

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 08:53:59 -0600 (CST)
   From: Donovan Kolbly <donovan@xxxxxxxxxxx>

   - The syntactic form has been renamed to DEFINE-RECORD-TYPE, with
      other renames in its wake.

I think this is a very bad idea.  I will never use this SRFI, for its
excessive & unnecessary overcomplexity & overengineering, but it would
be very annoying for it to break all code that uses SRFI 9 by usurping
the name DEFINE-RECORD-TYPE.  I'd suggest DEFINE-RECORD-TYPE* (though
I already use my own (very much simpler) macro called that),
DEFINE-COMPLEX-RECORD-TYPE, or something along those lines.