Re: Revision of SRFI 76 available - questions and comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

 Some miscellaneous issues:

 > - I've changed the syntax of the OPAQUE and SEALED clauses to carry a
 >   boolean operand.

 I notice this operand is evaluated at runtime.  I am not too familiar
 with the issues involved, but I suspect these attributes may
 be useful for compile-time analysis of allocation and optimization
 strategies, which may become more difficult with this choice.

 > - I've changed the semantics of field-id to always be local to the
 >   specified rtd, rather than global.  This makes it easier to later
 >   extend the abstractions to multiple inheritance, should anyone ever
 >   want to do so, and leaves less room for ambiguity.

 I cannot find where this explained in the document.

 > - The field names passed to MAKE-RECORD-TYPE-DESCRIPTOR are now
 >   required to be distinct.

 I think the sentence beginning with "If more than one field has the given name"
 in the document is in conflict with this statement.

 Also, I cannot figure out from the document if parent fields may be
 repeated in a child.

 Finally, I think an specification is still missing for the visibility
 of the various defined bindings in the various 'expression's
 occurring in the syntactic layer.

 Regards
 Andre