Re: Efficiency of generic programming

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Michael Sperber wrote:

Andre van Tonder <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Again, I am not suggesting adding functional update [...]

Yet you are making a compelling case for it.  What's less clear to me
is why you seem to insist this should be done through the reflection
API (and thus be limited to non-opaque record types, among other
limitations)---after all, accessors, mutators, and constructors aren't
either.

Sorry, no, I am not insisting, and you are right. I was just focussing on the first way it occurred to me.

Cheers
Andre