Re: external representation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Matthias Radestock <matthias@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The SRFI currently says nothing about the external representation of
> records. Can records be read/written by Scheme's read/write procedures?

No.

> An external representation would be tricky to construct for instances of
> generative record types, but for non-generative types it should be
> possible, and would certainly be useful.

Yes, and I expect this will be an addition at some point in the
future.  (Non-generativity is partly there for exactly that purpose.)
For this SRFI, we decided to punt on this, though, because of the
expected technical complexity.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike